Manali is a spectacular hill station in the Beas River Valley located at an altitude of 2050 m. Manali was a famous trade route to Ladakh in ancient times. Manali is also rich in culture and heritage. It is the home of the seven sages or Saptarishi. Manali is flocked by photographers and nature lovers due to its scenic mountains and gorgeous valleys. Manali is actually placed at 270 km from Shimla. Let’s find out how to travel by taxi from Shimla to Manali.
Shimla to Manali taxi
Taxi/Bus is only mode of transport from Shimla to Manali. It is easy to book an outstation rental taxi in Shimla to travel Manali. Travel agencies or Individual taxi owner offer all kind of vehicles even for the person on a tight budget. People have small budget can hire an Alto cab which is small vehicle and good for two people.
Etios, Dzire, Alto, Tavera, Force Traveller, Innova, Xylo, Indigo, Indica, Scorpio are the most common cabs on this route. Shimla is 247 km from Manali by road. The approximate travel time is around 7 hours and 30 minutes.
It is always better to start early to enjoy the scenic beauty of Shimla to Manali route in the daylight. The minimum taxi fare starts from INR 4000 to travel from Shimla to Manali for a one-way trip.
Alto – 4000
Etios Dzire – 5500
Innova/Tavera – 7000
Force Traveler – 9000
Best time to rent a car for Shimla to Manali route
It is always better to book your taxi before 1 to 2 weeks to get the best prices for the taxi. Last minute bookings are expensive and the service is compromised in many taxi companies. Also, choosing your preferred car model is limited during the last minute booking.
What are the factors to consider while booking a taxi from Shimla to Manali?
- There is no toll on the way, check whether driver food is included in your booking before starting.
- It is always better to go for reliable taxi company for your own safety.
- Talk to 3 to 4 car rental services before choosing the one with the best price and service.
- It is also necessary to go for a car rental service who can honor the time commitments.
- Make sure that the car is in good condition and comfortable.
- Check whether the taxi is commercially licensed with all the required permits.
- Check whether company providing you pickup from your hotel location in Shimla
- It is advisable to hire a well-behaved and experienced driver who has knowledge about the local area.
Book the best rental taxi service and enjoy your drive from Shimla to Manali. Pine Valley Holidays provides reliable taxi service between Shimla to Manali